Scotch & Rye
Scotch & Rye
Published: 17 June, 2021 Applications Close: 31 August, 2021
£to be discussed upon recruitment
With a boosted food trade, internal promotions & a brand new fantastic menu, we are looking to add a strong chef to our team.
Job responsibilities & ideal candidate attributes:
- Must be able to work well both unsupervised and part of a team
- A can-do attitude towards their work, eagerness to learn & innovate
- Assist the head chef and management team in driving food sales
- Cover for the head chef during holidays
- A keen eye for detail, following recipe specs & keeping a clean, safe environment
- Working the pass, placing orders & taking deliveries, doing prep, managing all sections in the kitchen
- Open & close the kitchen to a high standard
- Participate in in-house and external training
- Cope well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- We really are one big family at Scotch & Rye, and we want to welcome someone who is going to fit in with our team
Why work for us?
- We have award-winning burgers & cocktails, with a reputation that is only growing
- Part of a hospitality group with multiple unique venues throughout the city
- Staff discount in all our venues
- Staff incentives
- Future menu participation & input into daily specials
- Future opportunities for internal promotion
How to apply: Send all CVs directly here
Cru have been a wonderful place to work. Ever since I moved up to Inverness, I learned and discovered they have the best venues, and this is what drew me to work for them. As well as the pride I have in my job - the benefits are amazing, too! Staff discount in all venues, regular incentives & parties & an annual trip away with the team. As well as this we are always on top of our training and opportunities for internal promotion and career development.
I was a commis chef and now I am a junior sous chef. Very happy to be given a chance at Prime and it’s something I love. Although the company and staff numbers are growing, I still feel very appreciated by everyone. Overall a great job and still have time after work for my family.
I enjoy working for Cru holdings and seeing their true professionalism. You meet so many new people, make friends, learn teamwork skills, how to work and deal with pressure after some crazy busy nights, you learn patience. It's not just serving food or drinks - this job teaches you some valuable lessons too! It’s great working alongside a team that feels like family!
I started off as a waitress at Prime for Cru Holdings, I felt welcome throughout the whole company. I later found myself working in my first full-time management opportunity, working with an amazing team, doing something I enjoy and progressing my hospitality career professionally and personally. I am proud and privileged to be working with a company with great Highland Hospitality.
I have worked for Cru on and off for 4 years between studying in Glasgow. They have always been the family I can rely on and come home to. Though the faces have changed over the years, the pride and sense of belonging have not.
Since The Classroom became a part of “Cru” it has been a fantastic experience and steps forward. All teams are fun and knowledgeable in their own areas. Every venue thrives on great, friendly service.